Above are a few articles relating to forcible entry in limited visibility and tight spaces. These techniques can be helpful in situations like the door pictured above.
- What is your method of choice for forcing a door with a space restriction like this?
- Have you ever tried the short handled maul?
- Do you have the shoulders of the fork of your halligan "squared off"?
- Are you allowed to add the wide adz to your halligan?
- Do you carry a hydraulic forcible entry tool?
Jump in on the discussion and tell us how you do it! Post your department name and location too, its always interesting to see different tools and techniques from various areas. Whatever you do, just remember: friends don't let friends force doors with a framing square!